For the Love of Dogs Book tag is a tag where you combine dog characters with books. Of course I had to do it! I was also tagged by the creator hdsreadinglife. I really love dogs and animals in general and I just had to include my own dog Genji. He’s super cute and I even have an Instagram account. You can follow him here. Let’s get going with the questions! I also thought it would be fun to only name books that I’ve read this year so it’s also kinda like a wrap-up!
For the Love of Dogs Book Tag questions
1. English Bulldog: they are known for being stubborn! name a book you were too stubborn to DNF.
I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella. I really didn’t like how weak she was and how Sophie Kinsella seemed an anti-feminist with this novel. It was a bummer because I really like her other books I’ve read so far.
2. Chihuahua: they are known for their little body with a big attitude: name a book you had high expectations for but it didn’t live up to it.
I dnf’ed both Tweet Cute and The Flatshare. The premise sounded very good, but didn’t like the execution. And to be honest I don’t understand the hype that both of these books have gotten throughout the year. I found Tweet Cute very childish and annoying. The flat writing style of The Flatshare is was made me dnf it after the first few chapters. Also because the characters sounded very flat.
3. Pitbull: they get a bad rep but are total sweethearts: name a book that deserves more hype.
Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit for sure. I hear no one talk about it, and it’s so so good! It also has lgtbqia+ representation. The other one would be Autoboyography by Christina Lauren. Everyone talks about their adult romance novels, while this story is so so good.
4. Husky: they are known for their howling: name a book that you want to howl about to everyone (a book you love and want everyone to read)
Besides the two books I mentioned in question 3, I definitely think everyone should read The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta. The way or storytelling is just phenomenal and it blew me away.
5. Poodle: they are known for their looks: name a book with a beautiful cover.
These three are definitely the most beautiful books I bought this year. I couldn’t just pick one. I also really like the Wordsworth
6. Sharpei: they are known for their wrinkles, creases and folds: name a book that you could reread until its nothing but a lump of wrinkled pages.
Oef so many! I honestly can’t choose right now. Keep an eye on my blog when I upload a post answering this question. I want to dedicate a post to it when the year is over.
7. Shiba Inu: they are known for being silly: pair a book with one of your favourite memes.
Oef, I don’t know any memes that I can pair with a book.
8. Greyhounds: they are known for their speed: name a book or series that you sped through.
So many! The Bromance Bookclub series, Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda trilogy (yes I read them this year for the first time), Autoboyography, The Right Swipe, The Black Flamingo, Georgia Peaches & Other Forbidden Fruit are some of them.
9. French Bulldog: they are known for their spunky personalities: name a book that has a badass main character.
I really liked Alexis from Crazy Stupid Bromance (The Bromance Bookclub #3). Lexi from The Near Witch by V.E. Schwab as well.
10. Pug: they are known for their lazy nature — Name a book that you want to take your time reading.
We Are The Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson is definitely a book I haven’t read yet for that specific reason. Also haven’t read the Scythe trilogy yet because of that.
11. Golden Retriever: They are known for their friendly disposition — Name a book with a cinnamon roll character.
Simon from Simon VS The Homo Sapiens Agenda for sure! Also Miriam from A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.
That was the For the Love of Dogs Book Tag! Feel free to do the For the Love of Dogs Book Tag as well and leave down a comment when you’ve done it so I can check it out!